Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fourty Eight Hours Away!

The hours are flying away! Today's agenda (in order of neccesity):


1. Pick up four racks of ribs for 7+ people.

2. Get my rack marinading in the concentrated apple juice.

3. Pick up my El Cheapo Brinkmann for $10.

4. Modify the Brinkmann by drilling holes in the charcoal tray for airflow!

5. Boil the potatoes for potato salad. I've learned that good potato salad needs at the very least twenty four hours before it gets good. Unlike my vinegar based cole slaw, I use heavy mayo on my potato salad, with a lot of dried yellow mustard and red onion. I'll post pics tonight when it's done!
6. Start the Beakness program!

7. Test the Brinkmann out to get used to it, maybe perhaps on dinner. Any ideas for dinner, post in comments below? We've had seafood and pasta recently, I'm thinking of a solid steak that I can use on the Brink. Plus I'd like to burn off whatever the hell they had in there before.

-----

Starting tonight, pics will be coming in one big storm!

2 comments:

  1. cant wait to see pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BBQ Addict Thanks! Pics are coming once they are rubbed down tomorrow night. I may give you a pic or two of the raw ribs tomorrow morning if I have time! Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete