Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Busy Weekend



I had one busy weekend trying to fit as much smoking/cooking into two days.

I won some Hi Mountain Canadian bacon cure, go here if you want to read, and go to www.playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com to show some support for thirdeye, the guy who gave the stuff to me. It'd take a lot of words to go through the process again so just head over to Brethren.com and read it. Good stuff. I'll post a few pics here anyways.


Then I made a BLT the next day. Sorry for the bad quality pic, can't see the bacon. But just to prove I used some of it.



Then tonight I made sausage + peppers, with a new rub I made up... best I've ever made. Not many people put a rub on sweet italian sausage, but it added some zing (Old Bay) and some pepper. Also paprika, cumin, and dried mustard in there.


I cooked them till they were thoroughly done but moist. No one wants an undercooked sausage.

Peppers and onions.

Finished product, under low light.



Hope you guys enjoyed your weekend! I'll see you guys next weekend for a small shoulder (to freeze) and some spares!

Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. This past week I also made sausage dogs. Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete