Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hello World!

I'm a high school student who's been barbecuing and smoking food for about a year and a half now. I'll soon be purchasing a used Brinkmann Smoke N' Grill, commonly known as the El Cheapo Brinkmann (thus ECB: I didn't understand the acronym for a while!). I'll be starting with a rack of ribs this weekend for my birthday for a friendly competition, my BBQ ribs vs. those boiled and then grilled. Should be fun!

Instead of posting all my food pics over at BBQ Brethren, I'll instead post every night's cook (or those when I cook, which will be infrequent with school rolling around), whether it's BBQ or general purpose cooking. In two years time, I hope to be competing on a barbecue circuit, and get my arse kicked for a while. Whatcha gonna do, not only does cooking take a while, learning takes a while.

And thus starts BBQ's Apprentice! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment